Friday, March 12, 2010

Now That's Smooooth....




Did some grocery shopping this afternoon and found some wonderful beef bones and chicken carcasses, so now I'm making beef and chicken stock. Keep it frozen and it lasts for months. But that's another post.

I found myself being quite parched from veggie chopping and water pouring and noticed that we had some strawberries in the fridge. OH! And I just bought some bananas. Think brain! THINK!!!!! What can I make with strawberries and bananas?? A strawberry-banana salad? Sounds good, but won't cure the parched palate. I got it! Smoooooothie time!!! Non-fat smoothie while I'm at it!!

Ingredients

6 sliced strawberries
1/2 sliced banana
1 cup ice
1/2 cup non-fat milk
2 packets Truvia(TM)


Directions
(Careful, this is real rocket science)

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until icy smooth.

Non-fat, no sugar, fresh fruit. Ya just can't beat it!! But you can blend it. Next time I'm going to add some vanilla and see how it changes the taste.

EDIT: Today(3-15-10) I added a splash of vanilla and it made a big difference in taste! I will add vanilla from now on. I also used organic Sucanat as a sweetener. It's made from cane sugar syrup and is minimally processed into crystals. It has a very deep flavor that I really enjoy. And it's relatively inexpensive too. I got it at Whole Foods Market.

Be well, eat well, love well & live long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Gorgeous Beaches of Goa