Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Homemade Bread




I just cannot get enough homemade bread!!! Someone stop meeeeee...

This afternoon I made my own concoction based upon the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day Cookbook recipe for basic bread. This is a sight that you must check out! Fear of baking yeast bread, you say? No more, after learning this method. It's wonderful! I keep a 6 quart plastic tub in the fridge and when I want to make bread, I scissor off a piece, form it into a boule or baguette and bake it at 500 degrees in a cast iron dutch oven for 30 minutes. I remove the cover and bake it another 10-20 minutes to get a nice crunchy crust and voila! Try it, you'll like it!

This afternoon, I made rosemary, asiago, Parmesan and cracked black pepper bread. It's sitting on the counter now cracking....begging me to cut into it and enjoy a slice. But I will be patient and let it cool, so the crumb inside forms nicely!

Okay, I waited. Here's the bread sliced and it is wonderful.



SWMBO wanted rosemary bread today and rosemary bread she got, or will get when she gets home!! Also, please kindly notice my new Shun laminated bread knife that I used to cut the bread. It was an early birthday gift from my lovely bride that I just received today. Get a new bread knife, ya gotta make bread and reward the giver of said razor sharp utensil!!! Thanks for the new knife, honey. I love you!!!


(That's Luke the WonderDog with her in the pic)

Be well, eat well, love well & live long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Gorgeous Beaches of Goa